In case you were wondering, THE INTERNET DOES HAVE RULES.
Sure, some would say that the Internet should be like the wild west of old, with the whooping and the hollering, the rustling and the stampeding… but all that is so 1998.
Still, there are a few Internet rules that should be shared and noted. One in particular, as it was brought up by someone after looking at the Lightning McQueen autopsy from yesterday. Yes, that is Rule #34. We’ll get to that in a moment.
Some of these rules are fairly obvious. There are at least 100 rules, with more added on a regular basis. Here are some for you to enjoy:
6. Anonymous can be a horrible, senseless, uncaring monster.
8. There are no real rules about posting.
9. There are no real rules about moderation either – enjoy your ban.
11. All your carefully picked arguments can easily be ignored.
18. Everything that can be labeled, can be hated.
20. Nothing is to be taken seriously.
21. Original content is original only for a few seconds before getting old.
26. Any topic can be turned into something totally unrelated.
29. On the internet, all girls are men, and all kids are undercover FBI agents.
30. There are NO girls on the internet.
34. If it exists, eventually someone will make a porn version of it
a. No matter how the bizarre fetish is, there is art depicting it.