A few days ago, we mentioned that during a recent 60 MINUTES INTERVIEW WITH COLDPLAY’S CHRIS MARTIN, the camera showed a list of the 10 rules that Coldplay has for staying true to themselves and being the best band they could be.
You’ve asked what the other rules are, so here they are:
- Albums must be no longer than 42 minutes
- Production must be amazing, rich, but with space, not overlayered, less tracks more quality. Groove and swing Drums/rhythm are the most crucial thing to concentrate on; diff. between bittersweet and science of silence
- Computers are instruments, not recording aids.
- Imagery must be classic, colorful and different. Come back in glorious technicolor.
- Make sure videos and pictures are great before setting release date. And highly original.
- Always keep mystery. Not many interviews
- Groove and Swing. Rhythms and sounds must always be as original as possible. Once jon has melody, twist it and weird it sonical
- Promo/review copies to be on vinyl. Stops copying problem, sounds and looks better.
- Jaqueline sabriado, ns p cc, face forward
- Think about what to do with charity account. Set up something small but really enabling and constructive.
If you want to see the rules in context, you may want to watch the entire interview yourself.