And that’s just the first of 10 SURPRISING SEXUAL STATISTICS that LiveScience has tracked down for those of us at Web Watch. The other nine include these gems:
- Erectile dysfunction affects approximately 5% of 40-year-old men, and between 15-20% of 65-year-old men
- On average, men lose their virginity at 16.9 years of age. Women, slightly older – 17.4 years.
- No word on whether the students were in a coed dorm or not, but 2/3 of college students surveyed claimed to have had a “friends with benefits” relationship. More than 50% stated that it was all types of sex, while 22.7% stated it was intercourse only. 8% appeared to just be cuddle-buddies.
- In a survey of adults aged 20-59, men averaged seven partners during their lifetime. Women averaged just four.
- Coed dorms lead to sex and drinking? Thank you, Captain Obvious!
- Wedding Statistics
- 10 Things People Have Trouble Throwing Away, and Other Clutter Statistics
- Some Parents Insist Their Children Wear Clothes (This is News?)
- What’s the Cheesiest Pick-Up Line You’ve Used… that worked?
- Giving up Facebook for Lent