In the meantime, here is a list of 10 BANDS AND THE SONGS THAT THEY REFUSE TO SING.
Why do they hate these songs so much? Various reasons. They could be bored with the song, not proud of having written it in the first place, or maybe it represents a time in their lives that is no longer relevant in today’s day. Click the link to see the actual reasons given.
- Beastie Boys, ‘Fight for Your Right (to Party)’
- R.E.M., ‘Shiny Happy People’
- Radiohead, ‘Creep’
- Bobby McFerrin, ‘Don’t Worry Be Happy’
- Robert Plant, ‘Stairway to Heaven’
- Nirvana, ‘Smells Like Teen Spirit’
- Sinead O’Connor, ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’
- France Gall, ‘Les Sucettes’
- Madonna, ‘Like a Virgin’ or ‘Holiday’
- Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, ‘Don’t Do Me Like That’
As for the Neil Diamond song that Neil refuses to sing? Web Watch has always been told* that the ill-fated song is “Heartlight” from the film ET. Web Watch completely understands and agrees with this decision.
(*hey, we tried to find the interview where Neil said this, but we ran out of time before this posted. If you have that clip, post it in the comments.)