Next week is the Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky.
And if you’re like Web Watch, you will be tuning in to watch the race with friends – holding a mint julep in one hand, and a racing form in the other… all while trying to see the race through the forest of giant Kentucky Derby hats worn by the ladies in the room.
But Kentucky isn’t know just for this long-running horse race.
No, Kentucky is also known for bourbon.
So if you’re going to host or attend a KENTUCKY DERBY PARTY on race day, you may want to make something bourbon-related. You know, just because.
So here is an authentic Kentucky recipe that a friend of Web Watch obtained from a friend of theirs and sent in just for the occasion. We made these bourbon balls, and can attest that they are a huge hit:
Ultimate Bourbon Balls
- 1 Cup Vanilla Wafers. Crushed
- 1 Cup Chopped Pecans
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa
- 2 Jiggers Bourbon
- 1-1/2 Tsp White Corn Syrup
- Mix all above ingredients together.
- Shape into balls
- Roll balls in powdered sugar
Look how simple this is. If Web Watch can make ultimate bourbon balls that other people rave about, then you can too.
Update:. Thanks for writing in. Yes, we know it’s a duplicate post. We liked it so much the first time, we had to post it again.
- A Kentucky Derby Bourbon Balls Recipe
- Just found the secret to obtaining the ultimate slice of pizza
- FOOD ALERT! Girl Scout cookie Thin Mints are still smaller, so try this recipe
- Who wants a roadtrip? LIFE names the top “must do” sporting events
- Want to cook like a professional chef? Set your TiVo on Dec 15 for “Gordon Ramsay: Cookalong Live”
- The ManWall. The Ultimate Piece of Man Cave Furniture