The new “Dad”-related website, MANOFTHEHOUSE.COM conducted a survey that asked over 1,000 dads about how they felt their home-oriented responsibilities were going.
Some of the other findings from the study are:
- 73% get fulfillment out of taking care of their children
- 68% are fulfilled by being the financial provider
- 63% are fulfilled with a successful relationship with their partner.
- Only 51% said that having a successful career was their source of fulfillment
The MAN OF THE HOUSE website was created to provide fathers an online resource to turn to for dad-type things.
- 48% of married dads enjoyed learning how to do new things around the house (such as cooking, or home repair)
- 35% wanted to learn advanced home renovation, 33% wanted basic home repair advice, and 33% wanted to know about landscaping and gardening.
- Other dads said that they needed assistance with other parenting-oriented tasks, such as back-to-school shopping (41%), talking to their children about important stuff (39%), or planning family travel (37%).
The top three things that dads turn to the Internet for more information on include technology (60%), food or cooking (55%), and home repair (53%).