Web Watch last covered how much money it would take to book an artist for a private party many years ago.
Since then, the list of available artists has changed… as have the prices that they’ve charged.
So we felt that now was just as good a time as any to revisit the topic and present a selection of booking information we’ve found that can help you BUDGET AN ARTIST BOOKING FOR A PRIVATE EVENT.
Here is a sampling of approximate costs that you can expect to pay at a minimum if you decide to throw an exclusive private party and want a big-name artist or speaker to come and perform for you and your drunk friends at your house:
- ADAM RICHMAN from MAN VS FOOD: $10,000+
- Olympic Gold Medalist APOLO OHNO: $60,000+
- The Fonz – HENRY WINKLER: $25,000
- American Idol Judge KARA DIOGUARDI: $15,000-$25,000
- Former NBC news anchor TOM BROKAW: $110,000+
- SNL cast member DARRELL HAMMOND: $35,000-$40,000
- Actor/comedian DAVID CROSS: $20,000
- Comedian/AFLAC duck voice – GILBERT GOTTFRIED: $15,000
- JERRY SEINFELD: between $250,000-350,000
- From various movies, such as THE HANGOVER, THE DAN BAND – $12,000-15,000
- VILLAGE PEOPLE: $25,000+
- BRUCE HORNSBY: $35,000++
- CHEAP TRICK: $35,000
- BEN FOLDS: $45,000
- THE BLACK EYED PEAS: $350,000+
- GREEN DAY: $500,000++
- HARRY CONNICK JR.: $100,000 +++
- ASHER ROTH: $20,000
- COOLIO: $20,000
- JASON DERULO: $25,000-30,000+
- KELIS: $25,000-30,000
As always, actual costs may be higher or lower depending on what you’re situation is and what you’re offering the artist — who knows, maybe they’ll show up at your wedding for free…all you have to do is ask.
UPDATE: The Dan Band is listed above as $12-15k. Apparently, it all depends on what you want. ACCORDING TO AN EMAIL THAT THEIR MANAGER SENT, the 7-piece band will run $15-25k while the 3-piece band is the $10-15k range. Of course, travel expenses for the band and their crew are not included. If you just want a personalized video, that runs a relatively paltry $1,500.