Americans are expecting to spend $66 each on Halloween-related costumes, candy, and other items this year. To help you out as to what you will be spending that money on, SPIRIT HALLOWEEN, a nationwide Halloween costume and accessories store, has announced what they are predicting to be the TOP TEN HALLOWEEN COSTUMES FOR 2010:
- The cast of the Jersey Shore
- Toy Story 3
- Nintendo characters Super Mario and Luigi (it’s their 25th Anniversary, you know)
- Lady Gaga
- Flappers and gangsters
- Gumby and Pokey throwback styles
- Star Wars
- Iron Man 2
Web Watch has our own HALLOWEEN COSTUME RULES as to what qualifies as a good costume or not:
- You must be able to sit down, stand up, walk through doorways without injurying or inconveniencing other Halloween party guests
- You must be able to use the restroom without removing a significant amount of costume
- Eating and drinking must be easily done
- If your costume is so uncomfortable that you’d rather just take parts of it off while you mingle, then you choose poorly. You knew it would be hot/heavy/bulky/etc when you bought it – deal with that.
- If your costume requires a hand-held prop for others to identify what you are, then you’re doing it wrong
- Pick and choose your party destination carefully — the costume that you wear to a neighborhood party is not the same as the costume you wear to try to win a local bar’s costume contest. Plan accordingly
All that being said, Web Watch has a prediction of our own as to what will be one of the most popular costumes this year: the OLD SPICE GUY. Just wear a towel and carry around a bottle of Old Spice body wash. I’m on a horse.
- Need a last minute Halloween costume idea? Here are some ideas…
- Halloween Poll: What is this year’s “IT” costume going to be?
- The most popular spice found in homes today? Dry Garlic Powder
- Halloween is over, so laugh at GOTHS IN HOT WEATHER
- Playboy’s List of Top Party Schools 2010
- Audio Fun: Create your own Old Spice outgoing voicemail message