According to a RECENT MICROSOFT SURVEY on CELL PHONE HABITS, 19% of cell phone users have dropped their cell phones in the toilet.
The survey asked over 2000 people, aged 18+, about how they use their cell phone. Some of the other findings include:
- 55% of those age 18-35 have used their phone in a bathroom (of all cell phone users, the number was much less – 40% – indicating to Web Watch that those 18-35 year olds are not as concerned about cell phone hygiene as others)
- 72% said that bad mobile phone behavior in others is a pet peeve… but only 18% admitted to that behavior themselves. 39% said that women were the biggest cellphone offenders, compared to 22% who said that men were worse cell phone users
- 48% said that talking on a cell phone in a public restroom was inappropriate
- 43% thought texting, emailing, or using the cell phone’s web browser was also inappropriate for a public restroom
- 49% of those age 18-24 have tripped or walked into an obstacle while texting, emailing, or otherwise paying more attention to their phone than to where they were going
- This is not a joke: 69% of those age 18-34 have used their phone while in bed.
- 64% of those 18-24 have lost their phone someplace unusual, such as in the refrigerator or between the sofa cushions
- 24% of 18-24 cell phone users have no idea how to put their phones on “vibrate”, thereby interrupting a special event with the ringer
- 90% said that cellphones should not be used in church, or at funerals, wakes, or graveside.
- 85% said that cellphone usage on romantic dates was inappropriate… but 24% have used their phones on a date (with 40% being those under 24 years old)
- 82% said that cell phones should not be used at weddings
If case you were wondering, this was a telephone survey.
- Survey says that it’s okay to send texts while in the bathroom
- September 17th is “Seventeen Two-Second Turnoff Day”
- TrapCall – Caller ID Unblocker
- Most people would rather touch a public toilet seat than shake hands with a sneezer
- Betcha can’t name the Most Played Video Game of All Time
- Controversy at the 2010 World Fastest Texting Championships? Who knew that texting could be this exciting?