In a study published by the ANNALS OF INTERNAL MEDICINE, researches say that 33% of men between the ages of 75-95 remain sexually active.
The study, entitled PREVALENCE OF SEXUAL ACTIVITY AND ASSOCIATED FACTORS IN MEN AGED 75 TO 95 YEARS, asked over 3000 men from Australia about their sexual habits.
- 48% of men said that sex was somewhat important.
- 30.8% had at least one sexual encounter in the past 12 months
- Of those 30.8%, 56.5% were satisfied with the frequency of activity, but 40.3% would like to have sex more often.
The results weren’t necessarily surprising to the researchers. Health problems can lead to decreased sexual activity – and as people age, their health problems tend to be more pronounced.
Still, it gives credence to the old joke about how often old people have sex:
“We have sex almost every night: We almost had sex on Monday, we almost had sex on Tuesday, …”
- Mastering One’s Domain, so to speak
- Blue Balls are Real: Not Having Enough Sex Proven to be Bad For You
- Hear that biological clock ticking? It’s your body telling you to have more sex.
- Today’s Fun Fact: By the time a child finishes elementary school, they will have witnessed over 8,000 murders
- Study: Obese People Have Sex Less Often Than Non-Obese People Do
- Today’s Fun Fact: 20% of parents regret what they named their children