A recent survey of 5,000 men and women by an online shopping site had some bad news about the hygiene habits of people in the UK.
For example, they found that 7% OF WOMEN SURVEYED DO NOT CHANGE THEIR UNDERWEAR DAILY.
Remember when WEB WATCH SAID THAT UNDERWEAR CONTAINS A 10th of a GRAM OF POOP? You may want to revist that article after reading the rest of these stats…
- More than 25% of the men in London don’t change their underwear daily
- 16% of men will wear the same pair of underwear for three days… or more. If you find that surprising, 4% of women have admitted to the same
- 28% of both men and women are wearing underwear that’s at least five years old. 1.7 million respondents said that they were wearing 10-year-old underwear.
(An aside – Web Watch will note that the phrase “10-year-old underwear” is using “10-year-old” as an adjective describing said underwear, not a description of said underwear’s owner. Get your mind out of the gutter, folks – this is a funny survey, not a creepy one.)
- At 68%, the most popular reason for not throwing out old underwear was that they were comfortable. 7% said they didn’t want to throw out those briefs due to “sentimental reasons”. Web Watch will assume the latter were women – we can’t think of any man who gets that attached to their underwear.
- 50% of the women said they wore mismatched bra and panty lingerie sets
- 29% said that they would be turned off by seeing a new partner in ugly underthings
As for the types of old underwear the respondents said they wore:
- 18% wore underwear that had turned grey
- 17% wore holey underwear
- 15% wore fraying underwear
- 13% wore ill-fitting underwear
- 9% admitted to still wearing underwear that featured cartoon characters.
- Want to Stimulate the Economy? Buy Underpants
- 10-year-old Boy Sets the Underpants World Record!
- Survey: Would You Wear Your Spouse’s Dirty Underwear?
- Trending: Granny panties are making a comeback (did they ever really go away?)
- Wal-Mart predicts a surge in underpants and sock purchases this holiday season
- The Great American Sex Survey says that we fantasize least about… co-workers