How often do you wash your jeans?
Well, if you’re college student Josh Le, the answer is that you TRY TO WEAR YOUR JEANS AS LONG AS POSSIBLE WITHOUT WASHING THEM. In his case, he wore his $165 pair of “Nudie Jeans” 330 different times over a 15 month period without washing them…. just to see if you could and what would happen.
A funky science project, if you will.
That’s over 60 weeks.
It’s not really that unusual, apparently. Even executives at Levi Strauss have gone on record saying that THE LESS YOU WASH YOUR JEANS, THE BETTER THE JEANS BECOME. Carl Chiara, director of brand concepts for Levi’s, says that he wears his jeans every day, washing them only about once every six months.
His secret? Spot-clean spills with a damp sponge and household detergent (he uses Windex or 409), and don’t use hot water or heated dryer settings when you do wash your denim pants.
When it is time to wash your jeans, try soaking them flat in a tub with some liquid soap, and perhaps some white vinegar to keep the colors from fading.
Looks like the GOING WITHOUT WASHING or USING SOAP craze has moved onto the world of fabric care. Hey, if it works for you, who are we to knock the idea?
- Did You Know? The average pair of underwear contains about 1/10th of a gram of poop
- A New Year’s Resolution: To Stop Washing with Soap
- Video Fun: Peeing in the Shower Saves Water
- Eight underwear mistakes guys make
- Audio Fun: Create your own Old Spice outgoing voicemail message
- 10 Things You Should Never Buy Used (or Buy New)