Web Watch won’t get into the controversy surrounding whether Lady Gaga’s most recent hit, Born This Way, sounds too much like some old Madonna song.
Hey, both have good beats and you can dance to ’em. To the casual listener, that’s what’s called win-win.
But not everyone is in love with Lady Gaga, no matter what she does or says.
In part because she self-proclaims that gay people are her crowd, gays have begun to take great offense at being lumped together into a giant, throbbing Lady Gaga love-fest. They’re not pleased that some media outlets have begun taking Gaga as a gay spokesperson or representative.
And thus GAYS AGAINST GAGA was born.
Basically, it’s a compilation of gay outrage against Lady Gaga and what she’s trying to force regarding the gay community and her status as the leading gay icon-of-the-moment Here are some examples:
- Former MTV VJ Dave Holmes wrote that Born This Way was forced upon him in the same manner that a family member’s gift has to be kept around to avoid hurting someone’s feelings
- From Yahoo! Music: Her new single sounds like it was Frankensteined in a lab from harvested parts of other artists’ gay anthems… in 10 minutes. It’s overworked, overwrought, noisy, cheesy, and very, very derivative
One other writer said “Perhaps people were disappointed that when Gaga addressed ‘Gay’ she dressed it up in a song that sounded pretty damn stereotypically gay. And not in the cool way.”
- Lady Gaga can be hazardous to your health
- How to Dress like Lady Gaga
- Seen Lady Gaga’s TELEPHONE video yet? Here’s a list of 25 things you may have missed
- The Crazy Art Lady is Selling Everything She Owns for £1
- What is the key of YOUR favorite songs?
- Cee-Lo Green makes an awesome radio-friendly single (if “radio-friendly” means “nsfw”)