Web Watch is a big bacon fan.
If you haven’t done so already, browse through your local yellow pages (remember that?) or go to your local farmer’s market and get yourself some fresh bacon directly from a porketeria or butcher. You’ll save some money, appreciate what bacon that is unadulterated by chemicals is like, and support the local economy – all at the same time.
So with that, here are at least SEVEN BACON-INFUSED PRODUCTS THAT BACON LOVERS JUST HAVE TO TRY:
- Bacon candy, such as lollipops, mints, or gumballs
- Baconnaise. Oh yeah, don’t get the store-bought stuff. You know you can make your own fresh mayo, so throw in your favorite bacon to the mix.
- Bacon-enhanced chocolate bar. Web Watch tried these a while back and shared them with friends. Some people appreciated the pork-saltiness that the bacon bits infused into the chocolate, while others didn’t appreciate it as much. We think half the problem was the chocolate; the other was the tiny bacon bits instead of some full-on bacon slices
- Chocolate pancakes with bacon bits. Um, we like pancakes and chocolate, but not together thank you. We also like bacon on our pancake plate — but we love our bacon too much to incorporate it into the pancake itself. Fail.
- Bacon ice cream. Web Watch has had bacon gelato. Not a winning combination for us.
- Bacon vokda. The day after we had the bacon gelato, we tried a bacon-vodka cocktail. If there’s one thing we love more than bacon, it’s vodka. Tread carefully with this one, folks.
- Six Chocolate-Bacon Recipes
- Looking for a last-minute gift suggestion? Try the Bacon Gift Pack!
- Award-Winning recipe for Cinco de Mayo Guacamole with Blue Cheese and Bacon (inspired by Food Network Best Thing I Ever Ate)
- Ever wonder what it would be like to literally drown in chocolate?
- Top Food Trends to Watch in 2011
- This Is Why You’re Fat