In Italy in summer of 2010, a topless woman was casually applying sunscreen to herself as she laid on the beach.
Why? Because that’s what people do while at the beach.
Especially when one is topless. Sensitive skin, and all that.
So a mother who happened to bring her 12- and 14-year-old sons to the beach took offense.
She didn’t care that the woman was topless while at the beach. She complained to the police that the 26-year-old woman was SENSUALLY RUBBING SUNTAN LOTION OVER HER BODY, and therefore leading young teenage minds to think about things that young teenage minds think about when they see such a thing.
Lawyers got involved. Really.
If you can’t apply suntan lotion to yourself while on the beach, then were can you do so?
- Trouble applying sunscreen while at the beach by yourself? Just ask for someone to DO MY BACK
- Beach survey says going topless is acceptable. Men in Speedos? Not so much
- August 23rd is National Go Topless Protest Day!
- Women walking around topless in NYC: it’s not just a good idea, it’s the law
- Nude Beach Etiquette as you visit the Best Nude Beaches in the World
- Fashion Police Rule #18: Do not wear flip-flops at work (unless you work at the pool)