For some, the smell of coffee is the equivalent of a new morning, a fresh day ahead.
Starbucks and other gourmet coffee shops have brainwashed the world into believing a $4 cup of coffee is superior to anything that you can brew at home for pennies a cup (we’ve since learned that’s not true – otherwise, why would those same coffee shops be selling coffee beans to take home for self-brewing?).
But let’s look at some COFFEE SURVEY FACTS that can help you talk some game with your fellow Coffee Nerds as you wait in line for your next cup of that sweet, sweet elixir:
- 66% of Americans drink coffee. Web Watch is not one of those, in case you were wondering.
- 28% drink their first cup of coffee of the day within 15 minutes of waking up
- 40% drink their first cup between 15 minutes and an hour of waking up
In other words, coffee is definitely a breakfast/waking up drink.
- 57% add some sort of sweetener to their cup
- The average number of cups of coffee consumed each week per person? 13 cups.
- September 29th is NATIONAL COFFEE DAY. Which professions need the most coffee?
- January 23rd (National Pie Day) vs March 13th (National Pi Day)
- Was the buzz worth it? Ever wonder how many calories are in that caffeinated drink?
- September 26th is World Contraception Day
- August 23rd is National Go Topless Protest Day!
- A Response to National TAKE YOUR DAUGHTER TO WORK DAY