With the economy and unemployment rates as they’ve been these past few years, it’s refreshing to see that there are people out in the workforce who ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEIR JOBS.
Either they couldn’t imagine doing anything else, or they get so much job satisfaction out of the work, the business, or the clients that they wake up every morning with a smile on their face, eager to get to that day’s next opportunity. To them, work is not drudgery — and it’s not “work” if it’s something you enjoy doing.
More jobs should be like that.
So here is a list of the 10 HAPPIEST JOBS:
- Physical Therapists
- Special Ed teachers
- Financial services sales agents
- Operating engineers (what are these? Click the above link to find out. And yeah, it kinda sounds like fun every day)
So that brings up the question of “if there are 10 happiest jobs, there have to be 10 most hated jobs, right?”
Yup – there is a list of the 10 MOST HATED JOBS to match. These are jobs that may be good work or pay well, but there is often not a lot of job satisfaction to those who are doing the work. It could be a lot of bureacratic crap to deal with, red tape, politics — or it could just be meeting after meeting without any opportunity to actually do the job that your job description says that you’re supposed to be doing. Some would say that scrubbing toilets, as an example, is a job that they would hate to do… but at least there’s a sense of pride in manual labor and the feeling of “getting things done” that doesn’t always exist in other types of employment.
So here’s that list of MOST HATED JOBS:
- Director of Information Technology
- Director of Sales and Marketing
- Product Manager
- Senior Web Development
- Technical Specialist
- Electronics Technician
- Law Clerk
- Technical Support Analyst
- CNC Machinist
- Marketing Manager
- The Best 200 Jobs for 2011: from Software Engineer to Roustabout
- The Most Dangerous Jobs in the World – that shouldn’t be
- Top Ten Jobs that the Recession hasn’t hit yet
- Words I Love. Words I Hate. Literally.
- Unemployed? Here are the top four ways to get a job
- Think your job sucks? It can’t suck any worse than one of these (where’s Mike Rowe?)