We’ve all had interesting job interviews.
Web Watch recalls one where the entire interview has done over drinks in a smoky bar after hours. While the interview was a serious affair, the atmosphere detracted enough from the offered position that we ended up turning the job down. If they’re not willing to take their company and interview process seriously, why should we take their job offer seriously?
But sometimes there are some interview questions that just are a little… off. They certainly are within the realm of reason to be answered, but they may not be the types of questions that you want to deal with.
So let’s take a look at some actual JOB INTERVIEW QUESTIONS THAT YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE ASKED, ever.
- Why was your GPA not a 4.0?
- Name three things that, if you were told were part of the job, would cause you to not take the position.
- Do you mind not seeing your family, wife, or children for weeks at a time?
- Sing a few lines of your favorite song. (Web Watch has oft heard the question, “What is the last book you’ve read?” That seems a bit more reasonable than this.)
- If you could get rid of one of the 50 states, which would it be and why?
- Tell me a joke
Be sure to click the above link for the full list of 23 awful interview questions.
- Google has some tough interview questions (“you have eight balls the same size…”)
- What to wear to a job interview (and some things not to wear)
- Can you guess which song Neil Diamond absolutely refuses to sing?
- Must-See Video: The Daily Show’s Jim Cramer Interview
- Boosting your metabolism helps you lose weight. Sadly, Twinkies are not the answer
- Survey lists the Top Ten TV Show Bosses that are most like actual bosses