We’ve all seen those lists of the TOP COMPANIES TO WORK FOR, based on survey results that cover all sorts of topics like their work-from-home/telecommuting policies, time off, healthcare benefits, and other aspect – both tangible and not so much.
But a list of the TOP COMPANIES TO WORK FOR will only go so far – because the majority of those lists are usually family-friendly, local organizations that know how to cater towards their employees.
And there’s nothing wrong with that. If you are one of the lucky people working for one of those organizations, then good for you. You’re already there.
But there’s a flip-side to this coin.
What about a list of those COMPANIES THAT PEOPLE WOULD MOST WANT TO WORK FOR? Ah, that’s a different story all together, isn’t it?
Well, here are the results from over 160,000 job-seekers who said where they would want to work, if given the choice of employers:
- Ernst & Young
- Procter & Gamble
- JP Morgan
- Goldman Sachs
- Fashion Police Rule #18: Do not wear flip-flops at work (unless you work at the pool)
- Calling in sick to work? Don’t use one of these excuses
- How to Get Ahead at Work: Sleep with the Boss
- Just because you telecommute doesn’t mean you’re actually doing any work
- Who does the most unpaid work around the world? (hint: it ain’t the US)
- 15 Companies That Might Not Survive 2009