With Halloween right around the corner, we’re at the start of the annual Winter Get Fat season (comprised of Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s, Super Bowl, Valentine’s Day — combined with all those weekly college and pro sports that require copious amounts of beer and wings every week).
So it should come as no surprise that fitness companies are already figuring out what they need to do in order to help us stay fit and healthy — or at the very least, get us back on the healthy road for the rest of the year come January 1st.
So that’s where this LIST OF THE HOTTEST FITNESS TRENDS FOR 2012 will help you decide what you should be looking out for when you go to your local gym or YMCA as something that may be pushed upon you as a way to stay in shape next year.
Pilates is out, if you were wondering.
Here’s what made the survey, from over 2,600 health and fitness professionals:
- Using a certified professional trainer to assist you
- Strength training
- Fitness programs for older adults
- Exercise and weight loss
- Children and obesity
- Personal training
- Core training
- Group personal training
- Zumba and other dance workouts
- Functional fitness
- Comprensive health promotion programming at the worksite
- Outdoor activities
- Reaching new markets
- Spinning / Indoor cycling
- Sport-specific training
- Worker incentive programs
- Wellness coaching
- Physician referrals
Along with the aforementioned pilates, other items that are trending out of popularity are stability ball training
- Six Tips to Jumpstart Your Weight Loss Program in 2011
- Boosting your metabolism helps you lose weight. Sadly, Twinkies are not the answer
- 2010 Holiday Shopping Trends
- How To Lose 10 Pounds in One Year By Doing Practically Nothing
- Drink This, Not That: Lose weight through smarter drinking habits
- Be creative this Halloween. Don’t be *that* guy.