What do you do for a living today?
Do you expect that job to still be pertinent when 2012 comes to an end? If you’re in the pay phone repair business, you may want to start looking to expand your skillset.
Same thing if you’re working at a GPS manufacturer or printing Yellow Pages. All of these are jobs that technology has trumped over the past few years.
But there are trends that you may want to pay attention to, especially if you believe what the BUREAU OF LABOR STATISTICS’ OCCUPATIONAL OUTLOOK HANDBOOK has to say regarding what jobs are currently on the decline.
So here’s a list of 10 JOBS THAT ARE EXPECTED TO DISAPPEAR STARTING IN 2012. Click the link for the analysis as to why these are considered goners…
- Fashion Designer
- Insurance Underwriter
- Travel Agent
- Newspaper Reporter
- Broadcast Announcer
- Plant Manager
- The 10 jobs that people hate the most, and 10 jobs that people absolutely love doing
- Top 12 Most Overrated Jobs in the World
- The Most Dangerous Jobs in the World – that shouldn’t be
- The Best 200 Jobs for 2011: from Software Engineer to Roustabout
- Top Ten Jobs that the Recession hasn’t hit yet
- Think your job sucks? It can’t suck any worse than one of these (where’s Mike Rowe?)