Jirka Väätäinen is a Finnish design student at Bournemouth, and he wants to be very clear that his name is pronounced “Yirka”, not “Jerk-a”.
Web Watch has no reason to quibble with him on this, as he’s doing some phenomenal work on RE-IMAGINING DISNEY PRINCESSES as if they were real-life people.
Sure, we’ve seen some other examples of this with live models, but Jirka is taking a slightly different approach on this with his photo-realistic, manipulations that are designed to showcase what the Disney Princess would look like as an actual person.
Not a cartoon caricature, but really-for-real people.
Let’s take a quick look…
He hasn’t limited himself to just the Princesses, and has included a few other familiar Disney characters along the way with this project.
So far, he’s done imagery for:
- Snow White
While we like much of Jirka’s work, so far our favorite that he’s done is of Aurora (aka Sleeping Beauty):
You can view all of Jirka’s artwork and his other Real-Life Disney Princess artwork on JIRKA’S BLOG.
- Photographer Ryan Astamendi takes Real-life Disney Princesses photos
- Real-Life Disney Princesses at 2011 Comic-Con
- Brianna Garcia’s Disney Princess art gallery inspires real-life Princess photo
- What if Disney Princesses were tattooed and pierced?
- Want some twisted takes on Disney Princesses? Check out Jeffrey Thomas’ art gallery
- Deconstruction of the Disney Princess, or Rules for becoming a Disney Princess yourself