Have you ever had a free weekend where you just wanted to head out of town — anywhere — and didn’t have any more solid plan other than “what can we see within a 2-hour drive from here?”
Or asked the same question about how far you could walk or bicycle in a certain timeframe?
Well, worry no more – Web Watch has found a site for you.
No longer do you have to deal with using that map scale where 1″ may equal 10 miles, leaving you to guess the distance based on your estimated travel speed and mode of transportation.
But no longer. Now you have CARTOO to help you.
Now, all you have to do is select whether you’re travelling by car, by foot, or by bike. Enter in the time that you’re planning on traveling, and a starting location – such as a ZIP code. Click GO and you’re on your way.
This is perfect for those long car trips where you need to plan for meals, rest stops, or more likely – where you’re going to stop overnight.
For example, let’s say that you’re thinking of driving across country from Philadelphia, and you know that you’re really only good for about 10 hours of total driving time. Where would that end up?
Using CARTOO, you’ll see that a 10 hour car ride from Philadelphia will let you reach almost all the way to Bangor ME, Montreal, Toronto, Akron OH, Greensboro NC. Of course, it’s hard to say whether the app creators are taking into account all the roadways between points, but if you travel a lot, Web Watch can see you putting this site through its paces before you setup your GPS on that trip.
- The average American worker spends just 5.75 hours working each day
- Moms are online over 20 hours a week. Doing what?
- If we learn just one thing today, it’s this: St Louis residents have NO style whatsoever
- We’ve got the ultimate list of tacky Christmas light displays right here
- How to accurately map the state of Michigan to your hand
- Does Santa Exist? The Physics of Santa Claus