If there’s one thing Web Watch knows, it’s that we LOVE what we do.
Always have, for the most part. Our philosophy is that you’re going to spend more time at work and with the people you work with than you will with your own friends and family.
And if you don’t enjoy doing what you’ve signed up for, then you’re just going to be miserable.
And you’ll probably end up not being very good at your career in the end because of it. Trust us, it’s better to do something you love doing, because being unhappy because of work drudgery isn’t anyway to go through life. THAT is something that you can directly control and change.
So there are two things you can do about it.
You can either change jobs to something that you know you’ll enjoy, or you can figure out a way to make your current job the best one it can be.
And the latter is a sentiment shared by numerous business writers, such as Rosabeth Moss Kanter, who WROTE THIS PIECE on the TOP 10 WAYS TO FIND JOY AT WORK. Among the suggestions:
- Identify your long-term personal purpose.
- Be an entrepreneur (and not necessarily one that starts their own business)
- Rally others to your cause, purpose.
- Remain positive
- Celebrate each “Rubik’s Cube” moment. Each attaboy (or attagirl) really does add up.
The 10 points made really do focus your energy at doing the best job you can, and encouraging you to work outside of your comfort zone, to stretch into areas that you want to move into. The more confidence you can build into yourself, the stronger your drive will be to do the best.
And with doing the best, comes joy in a job well done.
- Unemployed? Here are the top four ways to get a job
- 19 ways to save money, simply by changing your bad habits
- The 10 jobs that people hate the most, and 10 jobs that people absolutely love doing
- 11 ways to enjoy bicycling with your dog
- Contrary to popular belief, “women’s business networks” don’t always work
- Three traits new college graduates must have to get a job