Maybe Angelina and Brad have it right — just don’t get married (or, at the very least, tell the kids that you’re going to get married… even if it’s “eventually”).
Couples that we thought were in it for the long haul — Johnny Depp, for example — can even surprise us by separating.
Over the years, Web Watch has seen any number of our friends get married, get divorced, and get married again. For some, it’s turned into a comedy of errors as to how long their current marriage is going to last – whether it will be shorter or longer than the last one.
Marriage isn’t for everyone.
But for those of you who do feel that getting married is a vital part of your lifeline, then H&R BLOCK has put together some information that should make you feel really good about what this whole engagement/wedding/marriage thing has going for you:
- The average carat size of the engagement ring is just 1 carat for the center stone, or 1.4 carats if you count all stones.
- Don’t believe the hooey about a ring should cost you two months’ salary. Get whatever size/type of ring you want… but keep in mind that the average ring cost is $5,200.
- The most common rings are in white gold with a round stone. Keep that in mind if you’re thinking of trying something a bit more unusual
- On average, you should expect to have 5 groomsmen on your side.
- Rehearsal dinners cost, on average, about $1,306.
- Average cost of the average 8-day honeymoon? $4,466
In other words — want to be the perfect groom? Start saving up some dough. Nobody said getting married was inexpensive.
- Wedding Trivia
- Reasons why you’re still not married
- 50 Fun Wedding Ideas if you’re on a tight budget
- Can you name 7 ways to mess up a wedding? Surprisingly “inviting Adam Sandler” is not on the list
- Planning a Wedding? Here are some suggestion of things NOT to do…
- The Best Wedding Advice You’ll Ever Receive