Hopefully by now, you’ve heard the story about Caine Monroy and the arcade he made in his dad’s shop, where all the games were made entirely out of cardboard.
No? It’s a phenomenal story. Here – watch this, then continue…
Good stuff, right?
Well, let’s continue with the story. Here’s PART 2 of the Caine’s Arcade story:
So what does this have to do with Web Watch readers?
All you need to do is set aside OCTOBER 6th to take on the GLOBAL CARDBOARD CHALLENGE.
All you have to do is make your own cardboard creation to celebrate your creativity and imagination. It doesn’t have to be a game arcade like Caine built — as long as you’re creative and use the resources that you have around you, anything can happen! The whole goal is to have fun with whatever creation you come up with. It’s aGLOBAL DAY OF PLAY, and there’s nothing wrong with that. (One day a year? It’s a start…)
Web Watch wanted to tell you about the GLOBAL CARDBOARD CHALLENGE early so you still have some time to whip something together. So go out there and recruit some 9-year-old kids, give them some masking tape, a pair of scissors, and a cardboard box and see what they’ll come up with. If it’s good enough for Jack Black and his family, it should be good enough for you…
- How Many Classic Arcade Games Can You Name? (It’s the arcade version of Where’s Waldo?)
- Need a retro videogame fix? The Atari arcade is now online!
- The Monopoly World Championships Begin on October 20th!
- Take the 100 Thing Challenge #100TC
- You May Die: The Death Race 24-hour challenge
- Whatcha Looking At – How About THESE Photos?