Be honest – have you ever tasted your own pee, either on purpose or by accident?
Don’t be shy – we know that there’s at least one of you out there who’ve done it. Astronauts have – their on-board drinking water is partially made from recycled urine.
So where is Web Watch going with this?
It’s all about URINE FLAVOR WHEELS, used in uroscopy or uromancy – otherwise known as the study of pee.
More specifically, doctors can study urine’s color — but also the smell and taste of pee to provide a patient’s diagnosis.
You might think that doctors are crazy (and Web Watch even crazier for bringing this to your attention), but even as early as 1674 – doctors had identified that diabetics have urine that “tastes like it were imbued with honey or sugar”.
But it’s not all health related. Some early fortune tellers would look at a bowl of pee and could use the bubbles that formed as a way to predict the future. If your urine contained lots of bubbles, for example, it meant that you should expect a large sum or money to come your way.
- Gilpin Family Whiskey – it’s whiskey, made from pee!
- Like your doctor? Hate your doctor? Here’s one way to share your opinion with others
- Study proves Web Watch was right over about icky Doctor clothing
- Doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals spread germs everywhere they go
- What’s a Sex Surrogate?
- Want to attract the ladies like the swinging monkeys do? Just pee on yourself. Seriously.