Who wouldn’t want to live in an edible house?
You wouldn’t have to worry about vacuuming the crumbs up off the floor. Sleeping would be delightful, on a soft marshmallow cloud. And repairs would be as easy as mixing up some royal frosting.
But if you really thought about it, building a 2000 square foot sized house entirely out of gingerbread can be a slightly daunting task. But Web Watch found a site that can make this easier for you.
Thanks again to MOVOTO, a real estate blog, they’ve come up with a GINGERBREAD HOUSE CALCULATOR that can be used to determine exactly how much gingerbread you’ll need to build a life-sized gingerbread house of your own (wicked witch not included).
What we found for our own 2000 square foot home, is that we’ll need to make over 8,100 batches of gingerbread, involving over 4000 cups of butter, 4000 cups of dark brown sugar, and even more flour than we know what to do with.
It is an impossible task? Well, if the typical batch of gingerbread takes 90 minutes to make, then as long as we have at least 12,000 hours available (500 days?!?! That can’t be right…) then we could have our tasty, edible house built in absolutely no time at all.
Now, were did we put our gumdrop doorknobs?
- Want to own a Reality TV house? Here’s what it will cost you…
- Today’s Challenge: How long could you live in a 12′ x 7′ space?
- How to Create a Haunted House, and Make Money Doing It
- Crap at my parent’s house
- How to Find Celebrity Homes on Google Maps
- Do you LOVE to cook? That’s what three in ten people say about themselves