When was the last time you visited a laundromat?
Here’s a better question: if you have a washer and dryer at home, would you ever find yourself with a need to go to a laundromat ever again?
Web Watch would say, “yes, you can find reason to go to a laundromat even if you have a perfectly fine washer and dryer at home.”
Let us explain…
There are some perfectly good reasons to leave your house to do some laundry:
- Your washer and/or dryer is broken
- You want to wash your blanket or comforter, and your washer at home is too small to handle such a bulky load
- You find yourself in a strange city (either on a business trip or on vacation), and find yourself needing some clean clothes… and you’re in a situation where running to a local Target or Wal-Mart is completely out of the question.
So what do you do? You head to the laundromat for the first time in years, only to discover that there is a set of LAUNDROMAT HEIRARCHY RULES that need to be obeyed at all times.
- Never go to the laundromat on a Sunday afternoon, Friday night, or late on Saturday afternoon. Why? Too crowded.
- Don’t discipline other people’s children. Yes, they’ll be annoying. That’s what children do. If you didn’t want to be surrounded by other people’s annoying children, you’ll find a way to do laundry at home. But you couldn’t. So deal with it.
- People will be watching how you do your laundry. What soap you use. Do you separate your whites from your colors. Do you use the proper water temperature. And whether you’re washing really dirty underwear or not — because nobody wants to use a washer immediately after it’s had your super-dirty underwear in it.
- Speaking of underwear, you’ll want to keep a diligent eye out for who is watching you wash yours… and you’ll want to keep an eye on your laundry while you’re at it — there are strangers lurking about who just can’t wait to swoop in and steal your clothes (and yes, even your underwear) when you’re not looking.
Laundromats can be fun, but just bring enough quarters to get the job done so you don’t look like That Guy (or Gal) who has to run around begging for change just to get one last dryer cycle running. There are people waiting for you to get out of their way, and the faster you can figure out how to do that, the happier everyone will be.
- Did You Know? The average pair of underwear contains about 1/10th of a gram of poop
- Men like to wear dirty underwear. Who knew?
- Why does your front-loader washing machine smell like mildew?
- Eight underwear mistakes guys make
- The one non-negotiable item you MUST pack in your suitcase
- Americans do not wash their hands during flu season