So the other day, Web Watch was talking with our friends about BANDS WITH REGIONAL NAMES.
So we decided to come up with the ULTIMATE REGIONAL BAND NAME LIST.
If there’s a notable* band that everyone should already know the name of (as opposed to a local band that only you and your friend Pete happen to know — c’mon, we need some Billboard charting, Jeopardy trivia answer quality here), then feel free to leave your suggestions in the comments below. All the band name needs is a reference to a city, state, geographic region, or country that we’ve all heard of.
And now, in no particular order, the 20 GREATEST BANDS WITH REGIONAL/GEOGRAPHIC NAMES:
- New York Dolls
- Florida Georgia Line
- Alabama Shakes
- Georgia Satellites
- Kentucky Headhunters
- Manhattan Transfer
- Atlanta Rythym Section
- Leningrad Cowboys (hey, they were on the MTV Video Music Awards one year, so that’s kinda famous)
- Miami Sound Machine
- Ohio Players
- Nashville Pussy
And of course… FOUNTAINS OF WAYNE.
- 10,000 Fake Band Names
- Busiest airport for Thanksgiving? Chicago’s O’Hare. Least busy? Akron/Canton
- 21 words of advice for touring musicians: #2 on the list? Claim your farts
- The worst street names in America
- Think you have an awesome name for your band? So does everyone else
- Which city consumes the most hot dogs?