With Mothers Day fast approaching, families (dads, kids primarily) are rushing around trying to find the ULTIMATE MOTHERS DAY GIFT for the women in their lives
Maybe, they’re trying just a little bit too hard. Maybe, the best mother’s day gift is something that’s right in front of their noses.
Funny thing about Mother’s Day: Dads like to use Mother’s Day as a day when they take the kids off and leave the moms at home for their own staycation.
Father’s Day is the exact same thing – moms shuffle the kids off to Dad for a “day with Dad”, resulting in the same mom staycation scenario. In both cases, it seems, the Mom wins.
But let’s take a look at WHAT MOMS WANT FOR MOTHERS DAY, as compiled by the NPD Group in their annual survey.
- 14.6% of moms surveyed would like homemade gifts from their children
- 13.6% would like a day off
- 12.9% would like a spa day
- 1.3% would like breakfast in bed
In previous years, 23.6% of moms said that they received absolutely nothing at all. Compared to the 31.8% who received a card, that’s almost 50% of moms that didn’t have anything significant done to celebrate this special day.
As for the WORST MOTHER’S DAY GIFTS that were received:
- vacuum cleaners
- kitchen appliances
- jumper cables
- weed eaters
- divorce papers
- having to cook or clean up after their mothers-in-law
- no gift at all
How accurate are these types of surveys? According to a different survey, all that 90% of mothers want for Mother’s Day is a phone call from their children… but only 57% of moms actually get that call.
- Santa Responds: Why didn’t he bring that gift you asked for?
- What’s the most expensive gift you’ve ever received while dating?
- Most Popular Holiday Gifts for Employees
- Domino Dads? Multiple partner fertility? If these apply to you, read on…
- Official Rules for your Holiday/Christmas/White Elephant Gift Exchange
- Looking for a last-minute gift suggestion? Try the Bacon Gift Pack!