When was the last time you took a vacation. A real vacation, not just going off to visit family or friends in Bodunkville?
We thought so. You’re not able to get away on your own and really relax, are you? Web Watch understands – family obligations can make it difficult to plan the perfect vacation for those one or two weeks per year that you are able to get away from the workplace.
Being able to get away from it all is only part of the vacation question.
The second part of any good vacation plan is coming up with what to do while you’re on that vacation, visiting that exotic locale.
According to a survey conducted by AKULA, an outdoor living company, there were FIVE THINGS THAT WERE MOST MEMORABLE about any vacation experience.
And none of them reflected the specific location (Disney, Las Vegas) that some vacationers would list. Remember, it’s not the location that’s important for a vacation – it’s what you do when you get there.
Those Top Five Memorable Vacation items were:
- Sitting by the pool, relaxing and reading
- Eating evening meals outside
- Relaxing on a beach
- Walking and exploring new places
- Outdoor activities, such as swimming, riding, or surfing
Do these survey results reflect your own personal vacation desires? When you go on a trip, what are the things that you are looking to do, if different from the list above? Post your thoughts in the comments below…
- Here’s why nobody wants to look at your vacation photos
- 46% of people surveyed will spend time working while on vacation
- 2010 Christmas Trends – name your favorite holiday activities, music, and movies
- 21 words of advice for touring musicians: #2 on the list? Claim your farts
- 66% of employees surveyed will respond to email while on vacation
- The Gayest Cities in America