As Web Watch drives around Suburbia, we can’t help but notice that in strip mall after strip mall, all the signage for the retail stores are almost always the same color: red.
There should be a community ordinance about it, but everywhere we look we see red signage.
And while we understand why this may be the case — easier to see in all light and weather conditions – we got to wondering whether a red sign was really the best choice for all business types.
So we popped over to DESIGN YOU TRUST to take a quick look at what they had to say about WHAT COLORS IN YOUR LOGO CONVEY. Here’s what they shared with us:
- GREEN: best for environmental or recycling, as it reflects tranquility and peace. Financial firms also benefit as “green is the color of money”. Other meanings: health, wellness, greenery, flora, fauna
- BLUE: Freshness, scholarly, academic. Regality, security, reliability, authority. Reliable, dependable.
- RED: Insightfullness, intense hunger, emergency medicine. Strength, passion, power.
- YELLOW: Knowledge, helpfulness, Tropical, energy, solar. Happiness, warmth. Safety, caution.
- Need a new logo design? Try a Logo Contest
- Now your poop can be like art, with all the colors of the rainbow
- How much money do sign twirlers make?
- Looking for a new pet? Try this color-coded pet matching service!
- Are you in an open marriage? (Do you even know what that means?)
- Prince was right: Purple bedrooms are voted “most romantic”