There are many different, silly ways to die – at least, that’s what the video says:
DUMB WAYS TO DIE
But who knew that you could die just because of how you carry your groceries?
Well, that’s what happened, sadly, when Lynette Freis was shopping at her local Wal-Mart.
Because her GROCERIES WEREN’T DOUBLE-BAGGED, the cheap plastic baggies split open as she was walking out to her car, spilling her groceries all over the parking lot.
So you read the above, and you think that she perhaps was hit by an unsuspecting driver in the parking lot, as she scrambled to gather her purchases off the asphalt.
No, she died due to an infection she received when a tin can landed on her foot, giving her a nice cut. A cut that never healed properly, and led her to being in and out of the hospital for months on end and having multiple operations.
Her husband is suing Wal-Mart for $657,000, partly due to Wal-Mart not training their staff properly on the importance of double-bagging.
We just wonder why the plastic bags need to be so flimsy in the first place. What will happen as a result of this case is that groceries will start double-bagging everything – just to be on the safe side in preventing this from happening again.
That seems like a total waste of resources, doesn’t it?
- How To Lose Your Guy Card: Does a Double-Standard Exist vs Chick Cards?
- Wal-Mart refuses to refund $2.90; throws couple in jail (charges were later dropped)
- Derek’s Big Archive of Wal-Mart Purchase Receipts
- Eating a double-cheeseburger at home is less expensive than buying the $1 version at McDonald’s
- KFC’s Double-Down Sandwich: it’s like Heaven on a Bun, without the bun
- How big is the average parking space in a parking lot?