You’ve been in those boring business meetings, where the entire office gathers because they’re told to… only to do everything you can to keep from falling asleep because the people making the presentation have absolutely no idea how to make a presentation, let alone make one that’s interesting.
Let’s face it, not everyone is skilled at talking in front of other people. And even fewer are able to get their points across if they can’t read their Powerpoint presentation verbatim, slide by boring slide.
And that’s where BUZZWORD BINGO was born. It may not have made the meetings worthwhile, but they certainly help make the time pass a little bit faster for everybody in the back row.
But if you want to win BUZZWORD BINGO this year, you may want to fill out your bingo card with these TOP 15 BUSINESS WORDS THAT HAVE BEEN OVERUSED (way, way overused) IN 2013:
- Social Media
- Big Data
You’ll have to click over for the last five. But seriously, we can’t understand how “Social Media” didn’t make it to the #1 spot, considering its pretty much what every business is trying to be a part of.
What words do your managers use all the time that are just driving you crazy? It used to be “paradigm”. What is it today?
- Top 9 Brands with the Largest Social Media Market Share
- Top Food Trends to Watch in 2011
- FAIL tops the list of Top Words for 2013 (whoops – it’s really “404”)
- Take the Social Media challenge: don’t use any Social Media for at least 30 days
- Having trouble making a toast or speaking in public? Try one of these 10 tips
- Video Fun: Chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken