If you haven’t already seen or heard about this, Canadian airline WestJet decided to be a little giving for some of their lucky passengers on recent flights.
Watch it here:
And while we’re at it, take a look at some of the bloopers and outtakes from the final reel here:
Here’s the question for you – what can you do in your company, career, neighborhood to do something similar? It could be something as simple as “pay it forward”, where you hang out at the local Toys R Us and tell the cashier that you’ll purchase the next three customers’ items for them. Or you could collect $10 from every person in your office and go on your own mad buying spree for Toys for Tots or a Giving Tree charity promotion.
Part of the joy in what WestJet has done with this and previous Christmas events is the element of surprise, and gearing the excitement towards their customers. Yes, there’s a little bit of self-serving promotion that comes from filming this and releasing it on YouTube, but they’ve gained a ton of goodwill that can be shared with their on-going charitable activities.
With events like this, WestJet proves that a company is only as good as their people, from the top on down. And from the look of things, WestJet is full of goodness. Keep up the good work, folks…
- We’ve got the ultimate list of tacky Christmas light displays right here
- Retailer’s Christmas Report Card: Victoria’s Secret is on the “naughty” list, of course
- 2010 Christmas Trends – name your favorite holiday activities, music, and movies
- How to make a Christmas Budget
- Some kids are spoiled rotten. For them, Christmas Sucks
- How much weight does the average person gain at Christmas?