Have you thought about the easiest way to break in to acting? Sometimes you just need to play dead.
Acting can be tough, but sometimes it’s needed to have an actor as a dead body rather than using a dummy or other special effect.
So how much can dead actors earn, just for lying on a gurney or shot dead on a zombie movie set?
Remember – “acting dead” is a bit more complicated than “not breathing while on camera”. It’s not all roses.
According to the Wall Street Journal, DEAD ACTORS CAN EXPECT TO EARN abuot $140 for an eight-hour day of non-work…. assuming you’ve gotten your SAG card.
If your death is a bit more gruesome than others, you may earn additional hazard pay – anything from $15 extra a day to much more, depending on how much stress you have to go through. And if your character is a major piece of the plot, you may earn an extra $100 for props and other background requirements.
So is playing dead worth the effort? Sure – you won’t make a living be a professional dead actor, but it’s a way to get by and fill in the gaps on your acting resume while you wait to be discovered.
- Why are animated FILMS never nominated for Best Director or acting awards?
- How much money can fantasy sports players earn?
- It’s true: Popular Kids Will Earn More Money After Graduation
- Everything you’ve ever wanted to know about the Oscars
- How much money can a Youtube video earn when it goes viral? Let’s start at $150,000
- Save money by shortening your commute