Over the years, there has been more and more calls to the NFL and the Washington Redskins organization about the offensive name “Redskins” for the Washington team mascot.
Even President Barack Obama has voiced his opinion on the subject.
There is a growing push, led by a number of American Indian tribes, to CHANGE THE MASCOT.
Indian tribes aside, their wish is getting more and more backing with each passing year. Currently, there are hundreds of political, religious leaders, press pundits, and more backers to this request of the NFL, including
- both the Senate Majority Leader and House Minority Leader
- the Mayor of Washington DC
- the obvious supporters of Rev Jesse Jackson and Rev Al Sharpton (who, oddly enough, is listed on the site as “television talk show host)
- Chris Collinsworth, former NFL player
- Ralph Nadar
- Reporters from the USA Today, Sports Illustrated, NYTimes, ESPN, Chicago Tribune
Web Watch wouldn’t be surprised if the Redskins name gets changed soon. It definitely is keeping Washington from ever getting awarded hosting of an upcoming Super Bowl, in our opinion.
PROUD TO BE
What about you? it’s inevitable that the name change will happen. So, what should the name be changed to?
- No surprise: the 2010 Carolina Panthers are the least exciting team in the NFL
- How To Legally Change Your Name (guess what Jack Roy and Chaim Witz have in common)
- How to pick the ultimate Fantasy Football team name
- Should You Change Your Password? Yes, yes you should.
- How To Live Longer: Don’t Live in Washington DC
- How To Find Your Favorite NFL Team on TV