First impressions are important.
You usually know within the first few minutes of meeting someone whether they’re somebody that you’d like to get to know better, or whether it’s someone that you want to get away from immediately.
And research shows that those first impressions during that initial 12 minutes of contact are the most important 12 minutes you’ll have when you’re trying to land a date.
At least, that’s what research by AXA came up with in THEIR STUDY ABOUT FIRST DATE EXPERIENCES. Here’s some of what they found out:
- A smile – 64%
- Eye contact – 58%
- Good breath – 45%
- Voice – 25%
- Nice clothes – 23%
- Bad body odor – 59%
- Bad breath – 53%
- Swearing – 38%
- Bad clothes – 36%
- No smile – 33%
HOW PEOPLE PREPARE FOR A FIRST DATE
- 5% of men will grow out a little bit of stubble on purpose
- 6% of women and 5% of men will diet a little bit before that first date
- Women: looking for a date? Men want you blonde and boob-arific. Surprised?
- Going on a first date? Here’s what your drink choice says about you…
- Who pays for your date? May not be who you think does anymore
- Things not to talk about on a date
- Top things to do on a first date
- In a relationship, size DOES matter