When you’re on a diet, you tend to dramatically change your eating habits in order to comply with the menu you’ve put together.
Whether it be South Beach, Atkins, Weight Watchers — every diet requires self-discipline and monitoring, in addition to switching out all the yummy fun sugary carbs with lots of boring vegetables and fruits.
But that won’t stop you from trying to skirt the system. By introducing some new foods into your diet that you secretly hope will quench your diet hunger pangs and keep you on the straight and narrow diet program.
- Rice cakes (though we will admit, some of them taste pretty darn good)
- Fat-free salad dressing. Just go with some basic balsamic you make yourself at home. Or, since the regular stuff doesn’t really add that significant amount of fat or carbs, just treat yourself. As always, moderation is key. A lightly-dressed salad is optimal.
- Seitan, that fake soy meat thing
- Shark . SHARK? Who the hell came up with this list?
- Refined grains. Sure, no more Wonder Bread. We get that.
- Sugar-based drinks
- Grits. Nothing good ever came from a dish made of grits