Getting a divorce is almost never fun.
It’s even worse when major finances or children are involved. Or a beloved family pet.
But you wouldn’t believe the dirty tricks that divorcing couples stoop to in order to hurt their former love.
That’s the finding of a SURVEY OF DIVORCING COUPLES that went to examine what people who are going through a divorce actually do in addition to the normal “filling out the paperwork” type of process.
Here’s some of what they found:
- 66% of parents felt that the divorce was severely detrimental to their children’s well-being. There is, apparently, truth to the oft-quoted claim of “staying together for the children”
- 70% said that they couldn’t separate emotions from the divorce process
- 31% were purposefully combative in order to obtain a better deal
- 10% tried to turn mutual friends against the outgoing spouse
- 50% tried to take more than what they knew was rightfully theirs in the divorce settlement.
Of course, you could end up paying half of your earnings, as most divorces end up like. How does a $4.5 BILLION divorce payout sound to you? Is that too much?
Would you settle for even a portion of that figure knowing that the person you’re divorcing is worth twice that amount?
- Today’s Fact: 40-50% of American Marriages End in Divorce
- Some Parents Insist Their Children Wear Clothes (This is News?)
- 96% of parents think their children are “well behaved”. (They must leave those kids at home)
- Today’s Fun Fact: 20% of parents regret what they named their children
- Divorce is 38% more likely to occur if the wife earns 60% or more of family’s income
- Research shows connection between loss of virginity and divorce rates