If you are over 40 years old and still single, it can be harder and harder to find a date.
While your decision to hold off on a long-term relationship as you approach middle-age can vary, there is always a perception that needs to be overcome – “why are they not married yet/seeing someone? Something must be wrong with them.” In reality, that may not actually be the case.
But perceptions can be hard to change, but it can lead to older women wondering why they can’t find a mate. Justifying what has happened in their lives or in their surroundings that got them to this point.
The folks over at YOUR TANGO have compiled a list of 10 LIES THAT YOU SHOULD STOP TELLING YOURSELF about trying to find love after 40.
Here are just a few of them:
- All the good men are taken
- There’s nobody single living near me
- There aren’t any interesting men out there
- He’s not perfect
Looking over the entire list, the lies read like a primer on how to be down on oneself rather than supporting the Looking for Love aspect of dating. Web Watch knows many women who have found love after 40 without even trying to go out and find it. Love found them. Sometimes, when you stop feeling sorry for yourself and start living life to its fullest, love will find you.
It always does.
- Where Do All the Single People Live?
- How to tell if the woman across the room is single or not
- Sudoku so hard, it took one team a giant computer and an entire year to solve a single puzzle
- “12 Signs That He’s Falling in Love With You” are really “12 Signs You’re On a First Date”
- Wedding Statistics
- Women will make the most money in these six US states