It’s simple: as we get older, our hearing is supposedly getting worse.
Listen to this video (watch your volume! you don’t want to blow your ears out unintentionally) and see if you can identify at what ranges your hearing begins and ends. The lower (and higher) the range you can hear, the better your hearing is at those levels.
Audio of the Spectrum of Human Hearing
The tone in the video ranges from 20Hz to 20kHz. Audio below 50Hz is likely not going to be heard very well by all people, and the same goes for audio in the 10kHz and higher range.
What was your range? Post it in the comments below…
- Video Fun: Inappropriate Soundtracks make movies fun again
- Video Fun: Phenomenal International Music Videos
- Video Fun: YouTube’s automatic closed captioning goes bad
- Video Fun: Why it takes three months to make a dance music video
- Video Fun: A music video in one single take by Eytan and The Embassy
- How much money can a Youtube video earn when it goes viral? Let’s start at $150,000