This Mother’s Day, your mom deserves to be pampered and treated like the loving mother she is. She’s worked hard to get you to where you are today, so why not provide her a little proper payback?
Of course, the traditional Mother’s Day gift is the same as the traditional Father’s Day gift: Dad takes the kids off for a Sunday adventure, leaving Mom alone in a quiet home all to herself, relaxing all afternoon in blissful peace.
But is this really what Mom wants to celebrate Mother’s Day?
Likely not, if you believe this LIST OF MOTHER’S DAY GIFTS from a survey done by Insure.com.
The old favorites are there: “homemade gifts” from the kids top the list at 61%, but a surprising 17% said that they don’t want to receive any gifts from their children at all. For those that don’t mind gifts from their children, you can’t go wrong with cards and art.
So what does mom REALLY want to receive as a Mother’s Day gift? Instead of aiming for the WORST MOTHER’S DAY GIFT EVER, why not try one of these:
- A Spa Day
- Family vacation
- Gift card
- Dinner. (A “nice” dinner)
- Romantic vacation
- Breakfast in bed (let’s assume “and a clean kitchen afterwards” is included in this particular line item)
- A “private” vacation (whatever that means)
What have you gotten for Mother’s Day that was extra special to you? Tell us in the comments below…
- Name the worst Mother’s Day gift ever
- Most Popular Holiday Gifts for Employees
- Here’s a way to make money by getting rid of those unwanted, unused gift cards
- What are you doing to afford holiday shopping this year?
- The Family Bed: More than just sleeping happens there
- Want to make a difference? Try giving panhandlers a Visa or Amex gift card