How many of you still own some vinyl? (Record albums, for those of you who don’t remember, are how people listened to music before cassette tapes or CDs came along)
And of the albums you own, which one do you feel is the rarest? The most expensive for you to have to replace, if you were able to hunt a copy down somewhere?
As vinyl albums become rarer and rarer, it should come as no surprise that SOME RECORD ALBUMS ARE WORTH MORE THAN OTHERS.
it also shouldn’t surprise you that when you look at the list of the TOP TEN MOST VALUABLE ALBUMS, that THE BEATLES are fairly well represented. And combined with The Sex Pistols and Queen – you’ve really got the Main Three Bands that many people feel are also the most influential in their own areas.
So let’s take a look at this list, shall we? And if you happen to have any of these, you may end up with quite a bit of unexpected cash headed your way. Good luck as you raid your parents’ attics and hi-fi cabinets:
- The Quarrymen: That’ll Be The Day / In Spite of All the Danger (1958 original)
- The Quarrymen: That’ll Be The Day / In Spite of All the Danger (1981 replica)
- Sex Pistols: God Save the Queen (1977 acetate)
- Sex Pistols: God Save the Queen (1977 record)
- Sex Pistols: Anarchy in the UK / No Fun
- The Beatles: The Beatles
- The Beatles: Please Please Me
- Queen: Bohemain Rhapsody / I’m in Love with My Car
- The Beatles: Love Me / PS I Love You
- Sex Pistols: Anarchy in the UK (1976 acetate)
- Today is Record Store Day 2009
- How To Find Out What’s On Your Permanent Record
- What’s the one simple thing the Music Industry can do to make more money?
- The secret to having a hit record is all about “Treating the radio guys nice.”
- The Ultimate List of Songs to Sing in the Shower
- 10 Things You Don’t Know About… What Makes Coldplay, Coldplay