Millennials, Generation Y.
Whatever you call them, we’re still talking about people who were born roughly from 1982 – 2004.
And while 80’s music may not be what they consider classic, these are the consumers who would have the most disposable income to spend elsewhere, Dexy’s Midnight Runners be damned.
So what’s the secret to reaching this generation of consumers? Gen-Y has proven to be very picky about what companies they engage with, but there are some TRENDS THAT MARKETERS SHOULD CONSIDER WHEN COURTING MILLENNIALS:
- Gen Y loves reward programs. They’re willing to give up a little bit of privacy for gamification situations.
- Gen Y does not like being lied to
- Be genuine.
- Gen Y likes the social web and the interaction with others that it brings. They love group discussions
- Gen Y is impatient. They want everything, and they want it NOW.
- They do pay attention to what’s going on with Social Media, but don’t base decisions on what they see from the company’s social media presence. They rely on their network to tell them what’s hot and what’s not.
- Gen Y loves using crowdsourced review sites and rating guides.
- Consumers have spoken: Facebook is worse than the IRS
- Top 9 Brands with the Largest Social Media Market Share
- How to travel across the country using only social media
- The one piece of information you should never share on social media
- Facebook and other social media can make you sick
- How to reach Inbox Zero