If you were an adult and were granted one wish that could be fulfilled, what would you wish for?
And wishing for a SEXY TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLE really wouldn’t count. Try and be practical with your answer here, folks.
According to THIS WISH-FULFILLMENT FANTASY ARTICLE in The New Yorker, when given an unlimited choice of YOU CAN HAVE ANYTHING IN THE ENTIRE WORLD, WHAT WOULD YOU ASK FOR — the vast vast majority of people would choose one thing:
- Five minutes alone in a public bathroom
Web Watch would ask for “always having a clean, private public bathroom available (wherever, whenever we need one), but beggars can’t be choosers in the wishing game. We’ll take what we can get.
Some of the other items that made the Wish List were:
- Unlimited vacation (although some companies are trying this now, some with success and others not so much – remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is)
- Trader Joe’s peanut butter cups – on sale (WTF? They’re good, but are they really THAT good? Perhaps if they were the DARK chocolate peanut butter cups, then you’d have a case to make…. and if we’re talking wish fulfillment, why do they have to be on sale? Why couldn’t they be unlimited free for us — a free pack per day for the rest of our lives?)
Given practical matters like those above, what would you wish for if you could have one reasonable item to select?
- The Sexting Habits of American Adults
- Most people would rather touch a public toilet seat than shake hands with a sneezer
- 25 Manners Every Kid Should Know by Age 9 (reminder for adults, too!)
- What do 76% of adults do while driving their car?
- Tales from the Office Bathroom: Office Bathroom Rules
- Police investigate topless woman’s sunscreen method