It seems like only yesterday that Web Watch told you how you only needed $47,000 TO BE IN THE TOP 1%, money-wise.
My, how times have changed.
According to THIS RECENT CHART FROM THE ECONOMIST, you’ll need much, much more than $47,000 to be in the top 1% of worldwide wealth.
And frankly, that makes more sense, doesn’t it?
The Economist says that if you want to rank in the top 1% of the world, you need to have $798,000.
Don’t have that much loot lying around right now? Then comfort yourself knowing that you only need $77,000 to consider yourself among the top 10% of wealthiest people in the world.
And if you are content being at 50% of the world’s richest people, then fish around in the back of the sofa for some pocket change, ’cause all you’ll need to have is $3,650.
So how are we doing overall as a global economy? If you take the entire world’s population and share out all the money in the world — each person is worth about $56,000.
So – how are you doing with your wealth percentage? Would you consider yourself a “one percenter”, knowing these numbers? Or are you more comfortable hanging out with the 50-centers?
- It only takes $47,500 to be in the Top 1%
- It’s true: old people hate cell phones
- How Many People Do Not Take Advantage of Employer 401K Matching Contributions?
- 7 Things that millionaires do that you can do too
- Proof that old people are funnier than young people
- Most people can’t tell the difference between a $5 and $50 bottle of wine