Practically every child growing up has a favorite stuffed animal.
People love giving them as gifts: “oh, they’re so cute. Look how adorable it is.”
But little did you know that lurking under that soft, delicate fake fur is…
…the most hideous, scariest creature you could imagine.
And no, we’re not talking about germs or E.Coli or anything nasty. We’re talking literally THE SCARIEST THING ABOUT TEDDY BEARS is what they look like when you turn them inside out.
And you never know what’s truly inside a teddy bear unless you look.
That’s the premise behind the photo gallery by Kent Rogowski entitled “BEARS”. You have to click through to see these fascinating, hideous images. But let’s let Kent describe what these bears look like in his own words:
Bears, is a series of portraits of the most unusual sort: ordinary teddy bears that have been turned inside out and restuffed. Each animal’s appearance is determined by the necessities of the manufacturing process. Simple patterns and devices never meant to be seen are now prominent physical characteristics, giving each one a distinctly quirky personality: their fasteners become eyes, their seams become scars, and their stuffing creeps out in the most unexpected places. Together these images form a typology of strange yet oddly familiar creatures. They are at once hideous yet cuddly, disturbing yet endearing, absurd yet adorable…
- Top 10 favorite teddy bears (“you know who” is “Number Two”)
- You’ll never guess what 35% of adults have slept around with
- Be Unique: Give Your Child an Elvish Name
- Baby names to avoid if you don’t want your child to grow up to be a stripper
- 25 Manners Every Kid Should Know by Age 9 (reminder for adults, too!)
- Guess what? Your fancy Chinese character tattoo doesn’t say what you think it says.