PANTONE is the guideline that every notable designer and artist uses to ensure that the colors they’ve selected will come out exactly the same in every application.
But did you know that PANTONE releases their opinion of the COLOR OF THE YEAR?
The prevailing color for 2015 is expected to be MARSALA. (Marsala is a red-brown color, just like the wine that you’re likely familiar with)
PANTONE began announcing COLORS OF THE YEAR back in 1999. So what were some of the PREVIOUS COLORS OF THE YEAR, according to PANTONE and their unofficial offical list?
- 2014: Radiant Orchid
- 2013: Emerald
- 2012: Tangerine Tango
- 2011: Honeysuckle
- 2010: Turquiose
- 2009: Mimosa
- 2008: Blue Iris
- 2007: Chili Pepper
- 2006: Sand Dollar
- 2005: Blue Turquiose
- 2004: Tigerlily
- 2003: Aqua Sky
- 2002: True Red
- 2001: Fuchsia Rose
- 2000: Cerulean Blue
- What color should you paint your bedroom?
- Year in Review: 2012’s most popular Web Watch articles and searches
- What your logo color REALLY means
- What your urine color says about you
- Year in Review: 2010’s most popular Web Watch articles and searches
- Year in Review: 2011’s most popular Web Watch articles and searches